Wednesday, February 13, 2013

First broth, going to start MC

Just got back from lunch break where I went to Strawberry Fields and Habitat for Humanity in Urbana and Champaign. I got the rest of the ingredients for the Master Cleanse-Lemonade, got Grade B Dark Organic Syrup, it was like $12, and then since I didn't check yesterday to see if I had organic Extra Virgin olive oil I got one just in case. another $12. And the thimble-full of powdered Cayenne (darnit... it was the end of the bulk container, not fresh) was a whopping $0.26. Sheesh.

Since I spent about an hour doing errands/shopping a bit at Habitat (home project material scouting etc), I didn't have time to run home and juice, so I went to Plan B: getting liquid broth from a downtown restaurant. (Reminder: I am weaning off veg-juicing only the next 2-3 days so this is my first non-veg juice thus far.) I was deciding about miso soup, but I went for my favorite soup instead - Tom Ka Kai soup at Nitaya Thai. It's got coconut milk and chicken broth, lemongrass and gingerroot, veg oil (poss bad on this?), so it's somewhat healthy, and totally delicious. It normally has chicken breast, mushrooms and cilantro in it, but I asked for just the liquid.

I am spooning it slowly, it is warm, it is savory, it is foody, it is delicious.

Let's hope I don't get sick from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment