Thursday, February 7, 2013

Prep

Yesterday I had my last dinner, concluding my *unusual* spree of going out to eat four times in a row, and having a milkshake the night before (and gyros n' onion rings on Sunday... delicious but yechh).

Most of those were mandatory/meals I needed to go to (such as the sushi n' sake celebration of the last day as the original staff! a co-worker's b-day, taking the new staff to lunch the next day, a much-postponed lunch and dinner date with nice friends to catch up). I even gave my large amount of [delicious] leftovers to a friend.

THUS........many days of crazy ingredients; digestive confusion a'plenty, saturation of flavor and whatever I like, different types of cooking, different prep, different solids, different materials and forms and oils processed (or not processed) in my body. Time to simplify and de-toxify!

***

Last night was prep.

I went to the co-op then another grocery store for organic produce. It turned out to be really expensive for quantities that I-don't-know-how-long-will-last. The picture above is my fridge(the bottom left sides are my roommate's food). I cleaned it out almost completely to make more room for the new veggies, even cleaning the shelves with baking soda.

Not exact, but here is what I got:
7 kale (2 types)
5 parsley
5 cucumber (non-organic...org were $2.50/ea)
huge bag of carrots
4 large red beets w/large red-stemmed leaves
1 spinach
7 medium orange beets
3 ginger root
1-2 cilantro
4 celery (non-organic...org were $4 ea)
3 burdock root
4 parsnip

Since I got my Power Juicer "refurbished"/brand new at a garage sale over the summer, and it's been sitting in a box in my basement, it might not be a bad idea to wash it in the dishwasher. So I loaded it up to fill what was in there and ran it. It was late so that was the last thing I did.

Except for this:

No comments:

Post a Comment