Monday, February 11, 2013

Days 3 and 4

Days 3 and 4 were over the weekend, and I didn't get my slow computer running so here's my recap.

I weighed myself on Saturday morning and I was 7 pounds lighter than normal. So that was after 2 full days and a night of juicing... However, after a full day of drinking water and more juice I regained a few more pounds, so I think a lot of that loss was water weight. Gotta be a few real ones lost tho, due to the extreme reduced calorie intake.

Weekend went OK, I didn't think about real food too much actually! A few things I noticed: I wasn't all *that* hungry until bad food cravings set in late Sunday night. My muscles were a bit tired running up and down stairs at my house, but maybe I just didn't have as much energy (this is probably related). I also felt extra light-headed when getting up and down and running around, because I don't think I am getting as much iron as I need (and that makes me light-headed... I have taken iron supplements in the past). You need to drink a lot of water and I feel easily dehydrated and almost constantly thirsty. I don't crave the sweet gala apple additions like I thought I would, and so I still have 3 left from the 5 (I was going to allow myself 1/day). Lastly, I don't need as much juice every day as I thought, stomach must've shrunk and I'm used to the level, so after 4 days and spending a total of ~$75 on [mostly] organic produce, I actually still have a lot left (probably another 4-5 days!).

The juices have tasted pretty good overall. Many people (namely everyone I showed the juice to...) might find them gross-looking (and tasting), but I really like the hint of parsley or ginger in a sweet carrot/kale base... or a deep reddish sweet beet juice with celery... it's so nutritious and fresh, and overall very sweet.

I went out on Saturday night to a show and had no desire to drink booze because I knew I would be totally drunk off a half a beer. Luckily there was a huge water dispenser with little plastic cups next to it. So that was perfect. I drank a LOT of water... but then again it probably didn't even equal the amount of beer I down on a given night out since the cups were so small...which is kind of sad. Went 4 hours on just water so I made sure the have a cup of juice right before and right after.

Need water on this thing.... Lots of water...

The last and unfortunate thing about this post is that I broke the juice spree last night around 11:20 p.m. :( sad face. I should have just made a big juice and had some water, and gone to bed. I would have been fine and totally could have done it. But I had a small kale/parsley/ cilantro/carrot chopped up salad and almost an entire piece of pizza... blech. I didn't drink enough juice yesterday and was dying for some solid food. I was thinking about where I'm going to eat first/break the "fast" with and was thinking about so many foods, and it all was too much for me to bear; I just wanted some good regular food. But it backfired. I paid for it, my stomach hurt afterwards, and I couldn't hold down my juice this morning. So I've just been drinking green tea today and will have juice in a few more hours when I feel more settled but not right now. Bad idea to break it and I'm sorry I did. Especially the pizza part, maybe the small salad would have been fine. Ugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment